Saturday, March 2, 2019

The Condo: Two Weeks In

We have been in our new home for two weeks. There are still a dozen boxes to unpack and a growing pile of things to get rid of. We still need a few things like a dining table, chairs, living room furniture a small desk and some organizing totes. Another shower curtain and a bathroom rug would be nice too. Maybe some alternative shelving. The boys will be getting a bunk bed soon. All I'm saying is that we are still figuring things out. BUT . . .

It is starting to feel like home anyway! We are finding our groove in our new space and learning our new routines. I am surprisingly happy (as apposed to the anxiety I felt before the move or the nervousness I thought I'd feel about being in a different part of the city, meeting new people, etc.) and at peace. Even in the not-nearly-furnished home, I am content and finding new rest.

Our new place is on a much quieter street and we're on the third floor so even the sirens we hear aren't as intrusive. Chris and I have our own room (can I get a "Thank you, Jesus!") and bathroom. I think overall we are sleeping much better than we have in the past five years . . . remember when we slept on the floor in the living room before we moved our bed out there? Remember when our living room became the master bedroom complete with infant bassinet (with infant) and changing table surrounded in blackout curtains? (William's bedroom had three dressers, a twin bed and his toys.) Oh, the transformations our living room had seen in the past 8 years!


Our new kitchen looks smaller than our previous one but I think it does have more counter space.  It is much nicer with newer appliances, granite countertops and even a sharp looking backsplash. When I keep it clean, I find a lot of joy being in it. The dishwasher is an efficiency size (like half the size of a normal one) which is odd and fills up way to quickly!


Another perk of our new home is that we have a washer and dryer in our condo! No more quarters or shared laundry . . . but if it breaks, we have to fix it!

As I said before we are still trying to figure out the living room and dining area (which is one open room) but it has a lot of potential and I hope I don't screw it up. We have a nice bay window and  wood (laminate) floors which we need to cover with rugs. More photos will come soon.

I am so grateful for our new home. Still find myself a little surprised that this one actually worked out. I feel like I was expecting it not to happen right up until moving day . . . and then "Ta-da" here's your new home. I don't think it feels like that to Chris who did ALL the paperwork and inspections and organized all the details.

After 4 years of searching it's great to finally be here.

No comments: