Sunday, January 23, 2011

View from the top

We have been blessed by the wonderful heat of the sun this week and I just couldn't let it go to waste. Chris and I went for a nice little hike to Bernal Heights Park this weekend.  We hadn't been to this park before, which is sad since it's so close.  This park is known for its view, and since we had such a perfect day for it, I took my camera so I could share it with you.









San Francisco really isn't that big (square milage wise) but it has so many things to see and experience. Like this park! When I see views of San Francisco like we saw this weekend, I feel like my eyes have been opened to the "world." It renews and realigns my perspective on where I live and how I fit in here.

I can't continue thinking about me when I see a view like this.  As I look at all those buildings and houses, I'm reminded of all the people that live here.  It makes me realize that I have seen very little and met very few people in this place so far.  I hope we can adventure out a lot more this year.



55.5 miles

2 comments:

Brenda said...

We like hiking up there too and I am sure we would have gone this weekend if we had had more time. Its nice that its green at this time of year. Do you remember how brown it was over the summer?

Sheryl B said...

Maybe we can join you sometime! May have to be in November (when weather is good too). Thanks for sharing "it's not about me" thinking! It's always a good reminder!