Thursday, July 25, 2013

Freezer Meals for Sis

When I made arrangements to spend a week with my sister, her husband and their new baby, I knew one thing I really wanted to do for them was stock their freezer with good, homemade meals that could easily be thrown in a crock-pot and called done.  I scoured the internet and Pinterest for great and easy recipes. I narrowed it down to five, made my list and once I got to Vegas, went shopping.

I also planned on making two larger dinners to eat while I was there, hoping there would be left overs from both and count for more that just one meal.

The results from my grocery shopping spree:

It didn't really take long at all to put together the five recipes, which technically made six meals. Even with taking a few breaks in between, I was done within 3 hours. Here's what I made:


  • Sweet Teriyaki Chicken
    Mexican Chicken Taco Stuffing
  • Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry
  • Sloppy Joes
  • Orange Beef Stew (two bags)
My sister will have to pair most of the meals with something like rice, hamburger buns, or taco shells, but really, that should take minimal planning/preparation.  All of the meals are crock-pot meals that would take 4-6 hours to cook. So, she'll drop them in the crock-pot after lunch and when hubby comes home - wha-la - dinner is served!

Other things I tried to help with while I was there: grocery shopping, laundry, clean the bathrooms and general clean up and babysitting. Yep, I got to babysit twice while I was there. Can't believe they trusted me!

UPDATE: To view the recipes mentioned above, click here.

No comments: