Saturday, July 22, 2017

The Fault in Our Stars


I had heard of this book a while ago, even before the movie came out but never seemed to remember the title when I was looking for books to read. Finally, I saw it again and immediately put it on hold at my library. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, a novel about two teenagers fighting cancer that fall in love, was a pretty fast read for me. I really enjoyed it and was thankful Stephen would play quietly at my feet for a few pages at a time!

Of course the story is sad--it's about kids and cancer. But I enjoyed the narrative of the main character, Hazel and her perspective of her life, her parents and friends. Maybe "enjoyed" isn't the right word though . . . she has a sense of (dry) humor, is smart/witty and and seems pretty grounded. She goes through a lot of emotions - fears of death, love, anxiety and worry and I'll stop there so I don't give away the ending.

Anyway, if you haven't read it yet I'd recommend it!



No comments: