Monday, September 3, 2018

Summer Reading

It's been a great summer for reading. Both for me and the kids. William has his favorites - The Magic Treehouse series and Stephen loves anything and everything to do with trucks. We visited the library often over the summer months and participated in their Summer Reading Program. It's a bit silly to track William's time in front of books since we read for at least an hour every day, but tracking it meant stickers and completing the challenge meant a new tote bag!

I also read a lot this summer and have failed to keep up with my usual review of each title. So, rather than try to wrack my brain as to what the books were actually about (and in the end just copying what other people said after I did a google search), I'm just going to list them here. Sort of a record for myself so I don't mistakenly pick up same title twice!


Here is what I remember reading:

I was Anastasia by Ariel Lawhon (I really enjoyed this one, it had me tricked until the very end)
Other People's Houses by Abbi Waxman
Love and Other Words by Christian Lauren (also a really good read, much different than I expected)
Eleanore Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng

I love that my family is a group of readers and cuddling up with a good book is enjoyed by all. Over the last three months my family has checked out 50 books from the library! I love that. 


What were some of your favorite reads this summer?


No comments: