Sunday, May 24, 2020

Quarantine Reads

I'd love to say that the boys have read all the books in the house at this point . . . as we begin our 11th week being home for Shelter in Place -- but they decided early on that story time was no longer their favorite morning activity. Now they bolt out of bed and start playing with all the toys. Books are pushed aside and only for really "boring" moments.

Except for the audio books. Those have remained a favorite past time. Maybe become even more of a favorite in the last few weeks. The boys love to listen to "Geronimo Stilton" stories. That's it. That's all they want to listen to these days. I'm trying to add in new books, new stories and characters but with very little luck. As long as they are enjoying it, I'll let it be so.

But what about mom? What is she reading?

I've been reading a lot. I've been trying to read the books I have at home, preferring a physical book to my kindle reader and audio books just don't hold my attention much at all. But most of my books are parenting books or I've already read them! Our neighbor has a little lending library shelf near the sidewalk and I've picked up a couple of books there. But for the life of me, I can't remember the titles and already passed them on. Oh well, they were very much enjoyed.

Other titles I've read (and remember) are:
 - Hold on, but don't Hold Still, by Kristina Kuzmic
 - Surprised by Motherhood, by Lisa-Jo Baker
 - The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson (ebook)
 - The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn (ebook)
 - Chasing Vines by Beth Moore (Audiobook)

I'm so thankful that we have online reading options. That we really aren't stuck with the books we own on our shelves. I'm so thankful for the little "book house" (as we call it) around the corner that allows us to share books with neighbors. I'm thankful I get a few hours during the evenings/weekends and random moments during the week to enjoy a book!

What are you reading?

No comments: