Sunday, June 19, 2011

Visits continued . . .

We recently had Chris's eldest sister stay with us. It was absolutely wonderful to be able to spend some extended time together and meet our newest niece, Samantha.







Yes, my baby photography needs some work! (I don't get a lot of face time with babies)

We had a wonderful time spending our evenings with Sharon and Samantha. Unfortunately, neither Chris nor I were able to take off much time from work during their visit. We ate in, we ate out, Sharon and Chris went out one night to hear live music and we even had dinner with a few other relatives that live in the bay area. It was a full week!

I really enjoyed their visit. I especially enjoyed getting to know Sharon better. Even though we've known each other for a few years now, we rarely have had time to talk! By the end of the week, it felt like I had an older sister! I loved to watch her interact with her baby and listen to her share about parenting, traveling, and living life. There is much to be admired in this woman. I will cherish this visit for a long time—especially since it will be awhile before we see each other again.

No comments: