Saturday, September 29, 2012

Hip Girls Guide to Homemaking


Before I left on vacation, I finished reading The Hip Girl's Guide to Homemaking by Kate Payne. I had seen this book at Barnes & Noble a year ago but never went back to buy it. I checked this out from our city library (which I love!).

I love the layout of this book and the wide range of topics Payne covers. Everything from homemade cleaning solutions to baking bread from scratch to canning. She even covered a bit on sewing and decorating. The layout was great because each chapter contained quick little tips and helpful tricks to everyday domestic chores. Payne has lived in some very small apartments so I felt like the advice she gave was relevant to my current set-up as well as my little budget.

This was a very easy read and really interesting (yes, I said reading about cleaning was interesting in this case).  I've seen a lot of homemaking books that seem really overwhelming and way to big to every really get through, but this book was perfect . . . now if I could only remember everything, I'd be set!

No comments: