Sunday, January 13, 2013

Mountain-moving Faith Renewed

"Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him. Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you."
It's been a while since I've read the very first blog post I wrote. We were in the midst of leaving all familiar things behind to chase our dreams. We wanted to live by faith, and in this situation, had no other choice. I had named my blog "Moving Mountains" after reading the passage above, using it as a focal point for the story my blog would (I hoped) tell.

And now, three years later, even though we are still waiting for those original prayers to be answered, we have seen the Lord do many great things. Our lives have more stability and we are more comfortable living in a city that isn't quite so new anymore. And for all of this, I am so incredibly thankful.

But I don't want to lose sight of our passions and dreams in the midst of this comfortable season. I don't want to forget that we are called to live by faith and pray with expectation. Lately, I have felt a renewed desire to realign my life (and blog) with this idea of mountain-moving faith. So, I thought it was a good idea to bring the original title back to my blog to remind me of this desire. And hopefully it will remind me of the things worth sharing with you. Stories of faith, stories of hope, and stories of love.

"Moving Mountains—living by faith in the city" is my new tagline; the new look was done by my amazing sister who just graduated with a degree in graphic arts. As we came up with the design, I could just imagine the buildings of downtown being the mountains the disciples saw. And Jesus telling them they could be moved. I'm not really praying that the actual buildings be moved. But I do pray for our city, that the hearts of the people here would be moved toward Christ. That His Kingdom would be known in this place. That He would use us to make a difference somehow.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily, I love your heart, this post, and your new design. Kudos to your sister. :). - chastidy