Friday, November 10, 2017

Book Club: The Nightingale



This month, the book for my book club was The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. I knew very little about it before reading it and it captured me right away. The setting is Paris, France during WWII. The story is centered on one family and how two sisters deal with the coming of the war and live through it.

The story was quite thrilling as each sister took dangerous steps to make sure they survived. I love reading historical fiction because I was just never very good at studying History in school and feel like I should know more than I do . . . having a captivating story about real events is so great. And from this story, I just felt so much heartbreak for what families went through during and after the war. I felt like my eyes were opened to a portion of history that I never contemplated before.

I would highly recommend this book to all of my book-loving friends. It didn't disappoint. I hear there may be a movie made based on this book in a few years and I will be watching it!

No comments: