Monday, July 23, 2012

Quick stop at Walgreens

I can never say that I have a quick stop at Walgreens. Usually, I can never find what I'm looking for and if I do, the price doesn't match the ad; if it does, they won't accept my coupons, etc. You get the idea. Shopping at Walgreens has never been easy.

Today was different. Granted, I had to ask the manager for help three times, and the prices didn't match the ad, but he was really nice and I was able to remain fairly calm. The girl checking me out didn't freak out that I had coupons or multiple transactions. This was seriously, the best shopping experience I've had at Walgreens in a long time. Sometimes I leave so flustered and angry it wasn't worth the savings at all.

When I am getting ready to do a coupon-shopping trip, I get pretty excited. Usually on Sundays I'll spend sometime looking through the ad and comparing it to what I have coupons for. My goal is to use coupons on sale prices so the product is even cheaper.

Sometimes, that same excitement is with me while I'm doing the shopping (but usually not at Walgreens for the reasons stated above), and sometimes, I come home so excited that Chris thinks I won the lottery. Today, after I got home from the store, that excitement sort of left as I realized, that nothing I bought today was actually needed. It was all for the sake of my feeding my coupon addiction.

Anyway, I'm not going to feel too guilty because well, I still feel like I got a pretty good deal.


Today, I had two transactions.
1) Venus razor, Regular price: $12.99 on sale for $8.99 plus get $4 in Register Rewards
     -- I used a $4 off coupon
    Page protectors were on a crazy sale for $.39 for a package of 10, the normal sale price was $1.99
    **I spent $6.20 including tax and received $4 in Register Rewards to use on my next purchase**

2) Clear Eyes eye drops were on sale for $4.29 and had a Buy One Get One Free Deal
    -- I used two $1.00 off coupons
    Blue Diamond Almonds were on sale for $3.79 and also had a Buy One Get One Free Deal
    -- I used a $.75 off coupon when I buy two.
    ** I used my $4 Rewards from my previous purchase and spent $1.69 out of pocket**

My total: $7.89 and I get to try one of those crazy name-brand-5-blade-razors myself without feeling too guilty.

1 comment:

Molly said...

you will need the eye drops when you come to Vegas, and who doesn't need almonds? Also- I feel the same way about Walgreens. grr