Monday, December 10, 2012

Gluten is Back . . . For Now

After 47 days of not eating gluten, the time has come to give it another try. My acupuncturist (who prescribed the diet in October) has given me the go-ahead to try eating gluten for a week. This trial week will tell me if this diet is "working" in reducing the inflammation I have in my neck, back, arms and feet. How will I know? Well, I'll be in a lot of pain. Or at least a more than I have been during this glorious, minimal-pain month and a half.

To be honest, I'm a little scared.  I don't want to feel bad again. I don't want my body to experience pain during this trial week. I really don't want to have to say "No" to whole grains and flours, and cookies and sandwiches and a lot of food at restaurants for years . . .

It really hasn't been that terrible. But I have already enjoyed getting back to my "normal" foods. I have had pancakes, sandwiches, homemade pizza, crackers and even some cookies! I love my gluten!

Also on this week's menu: Turkey Pot Pie, Red Velvet Cake, Hamburgers (with the bun!), and maybe a burrito! Not to mention whole-grain cereal like Cheerios and regular toast for breakfast!

I'll let you know the verdict after my gluten-filled week is over.

No comments: