Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . .

On Saturday, during a break in the rain, Chris and I drove to Lowe's and picked up a Christmas tree. In the process we ran into a couple of friends (always love that small town feel) doing the same! Getting it home is pretty easy since we have a pick-up and only one flight of stairs. My tough husband practically handled the whole thing himself (I just came a long for the memory-making).



We spent the next afternoon listening to Christmas music and decorating the tree. I try to decorate a few other areas of our apartment too. It's not a lot. But it's enough. Enough to change my mood, my thoughts, my spirit.




I love when things begin to look like Christmas. I am overwhelmed by the reminder of God becoming man, entering our world as an infant and taking on our sins and our enemy. I am overwhelmed by the spirit of the season and find a cheerfulness, joy and happiness that had somehow escaped me between last year and now. I have a renewed peace that all will be okay -- our Savior has come!

The trees, lights, presents, and red and green decorations remind me that this season is about others, too. To show love and care for my family, friends, and even those I don't know who might be in need.

The calendar fills up fast with parties, cookie making and get togethers. It seems a little hectic when I look at my calendar already filling up, but I remind myself that this is a short season, and worth every bit of the work it takes to partake in all the festivities. I love this time of year!

Blessings to all of you this Christmas season!

No comments: