Sunday, December 7, 2014

Cutting it off

The last time I had my hair cut I was seven months pregnant. It was thick and lovely thanks to those pregnancy hormones. My hair has spent the last year being tied up in a pony tail or messy bun and kept away from tiny fingers. For the past year, my hair has been thinning (read falling out by the fistful) thanks to return of my normal hormones.

I'd been talking about a hair cut for months. I wanted to try a local hair dresser that moved into the neighborhood a few years ago. He looked legit and even a little fancy and was more affordable than my previous hairdresser. And he was so close. I could walk there. Perfect. I finally made the appointment and yesterday was the day.


The last few times I had grown my hair out I donated it to Locks of Love. I was a little short of their 10 inch requirement this time, but felt I needed to get it cut anyway, I couldn't wait any longer.

I have never had anyone tell me I had damaged hair, I've always been complimented on how healthy it is/was. Well, post baby hair was not in prime condition. He combed through it and said, "See here, this is all damaged" and pointed to the last six inches of my hair. I almost started tearing up, but then realized, this is exactly why I was here. It wasn't even worthy of being donated. Cut it off! 



I had one request, that it be long enough for a pony tail, because let's face it, this momma still doesn't have time to actually do her hair on an any-day-of-the-week basis.  I love it!

No comments: