Sunday, April 5, 2015

Christ is Risen!


Happy Resurrection Day!

This has been a tough weekend for us. It seems silly to say that when you think of what is going on in the rest of the world. My "tough weekend" is my little guy being sick, our plans being altered and me feeling exhausted. I didn't even take photos of William on Easter-- with his red cheeks and running nose.

But this morning, this Easter morning, I tried to put myself aside. I wanted to celebrate--no matter how tired--the resurrection of my beloved Savior. My husband offered to stay home with Toddler Boy and let me go to church. 

Ever since college, Resurrection Sunday has been one of my favorite days of the year. Some years my heart isn't really in it, but this year, thankfully, it was. The service was wonderful. The music was beautiful. The sermon was really engaging (Acts 17).

And the song we ended on is the song I want to share with you today. The lyrics really touched my heart this morning. The truth of the Resurrection stirring up a renewed hope and strength within me.

Christ is risen from the dead
Trampling over death by death
Come awake, come awake
Come and rise up from the grave

Christ is risen from the dead
We are one with Him again
Come awake, come awake
Come and rise up from the grave

O death, where is your sting?
O hell, where is your victory?
O church, come stand in the light
The glory of God has defeated the night

Sing it, o death, where is your sting?
O hell, where is your victory?
O church, come stand in the light
Our God is not dead, He's alive, He's alive

Read more: Tenth Avenue North - Christ Is Risen Lyrics | MetroLyrics 


I hope this Resurrection Sunday was special to you as well. May you rejoice that Jesus Christ gave his very life for you so you could be reunited with the Father for eternity! He is risen, indeed!


No comments: