Friday, April 17, 2015

Finances: Get Invested (Part 1 of 2)

Nearly two years ago I mentioned to you that we had reached step four in Dave Ramsey's baby steps to financial freedom. Step Four: Investing 15% of your income for retirement.

Terrifying, right!? To me, yes. To my husband, no! He not only loves the idea of investing, he actually loves doing it! And I will admit, it is exciting to see our money growing and our retirement savings off to a great start.

For me, the idea of investing conjures up all sorts of questions . . . and worries! I have no idea what funds are or how they are traded. I have no idea when a good time to buy or sell is. Thankfully, my husband manages that part for us.

And he has started teaching me his wisdom. He has also taught several other people how to get started. So, I asked him to teach you, too!

Have you started investing for your retirement/future? Are you ready to take the lead on what your money is doing? If so, grab a coffee and get ready to take some notes. The following post is packed full of information on how to get started investing your own money.

Click here to read Part Two of "Get Invested" by Christopher Babiak.

No comments: