Sunday, April 3, 2016

Baby B2: 31 Weeks


How far along: 31 weeks. Just 9 more to go before I get to meet this little person!


How big is the baby: about 4 pound and 16 inches (from head to toe). 

Sleep: Still a struggle, but last week I started doing my physical therapy exercises before bed as well as some deep breathing and I have been sleeping much better. Allowing myself more time to wind down is helpful.

Best moment of the week: Chis returned from his Europe trip and we toured our hospital this last weekend. We went out for a lunch date afterwards and I really enjoyed our morning together and glad we had time to talk about baby things. William is showing a lot more interest in the baby too! He wants to hug my belly and talk to my belly button.

Worst thing: Stiffness, low-back pain. I had a little scare two weeks ago when I thought I was leaking fluid. After several tests and an ultrasound, baby is just fine and so am I. I think I was a little "too cautious" and the doctor looked at me like I was a little crazy, but glad it's all okay.

Symptoms: Growing belly! Starting the pregnancy-waddle. Grunting when I have to bend down or stand up. Hungry all of the time and tired.

Movement: Yes, yes, yes. All day long. Sometimes I get a sharp jab on my side or pelvis that makes me yelp, but overall thankful for the movement. I think I can visibly see movement a lot more during this pregnancy.

What I miss: Missing the normal stuff -- wine, lunch meat, being flexible

Food Cravings: Cereal . . . multiple bowls a day. And chocolate. Easter candy was hard to stay away from. I try eating veggies and fruit most of the day, but these cravings don't go away.

Food Aversions: Healthy food -- sorry baby.

Maternity Clothes: Yes. Pants are annoying and I may try wearing skirts/dresses more often. The belly bands never stay up for me and if they do, I get super hot. 

Things People Say: Not too much lately. Someone mentioned that I "Popped out all of a sudden" which is true. I even catch glimpses in the mirror and surprise myself. 

Exercise: Walks, physical therapy (core strength) and stretching.
  
Last Appointment: I haven't been to an appointment since March 9, other than my check-in regarding the fluid/discharge. Everything looks good!

Next Appointment: This week - April 6




No comments: