Thursday, July 21, 2016

Baby B2: 2 Months Old

Another month has flown by! My days were filled with feedings (both bottle and nursing) and diaper changes. Much to my doctor's dismay, I decided to go with on-demand feeding for my little guy this past month, I just couldn't get him to drink the recommended ounces in a single session, so I broke it up a bit and followed Stephen's lead. This of course will lead to terrible habits down the road so my goal for month three is to get into a better routine.


He is 9 pounds 3 ounces and 22 inches long. He is still quite small for his age, but he has grown a lot in the last month! (I try not to let those growth charts bother me too much.) We switched to cloth diapers this month! Now that Stephen has grown into them. He'll be in the larger cloth diapers very sooner than I thought. I was actually really excited to make the switch, especially when diaper rashes became an issue. Night changes are a little more difficult (because it's dark, there are multiple steps with prefolds and my baby kicks) but during the day it's fun to use colored covers and see my baby smile at me. For whatever reason, his changing pad is his favorite place to be!


Stephen is more alert now, which means he struggles more to fall asleep. But it also means he can look at things and show interest! He really likes the activity mat we finally got out. It takes up the rest of our open floor space, but it's worth it to see his smiles! William also loves playing with it again. In general William loves being with Stephen all the time. Last night, he asked if Stephen could sleep with him! I cannot wait until they are old enough to really play together!


Night time sleep is rough. He has given us two chunks of 4-hours this month (not on the same night of course), but we were very grateful and gave much praise for that achievement. On normal mornings, he is up at 4 a.m. and does not like to go to sleep again until 8 a.m. We were hoping he would not take after his brother in this area, but it looks like we have another early bird!

He had several visitors this month! Chris's sister, Shannon was with us for a week and Sharon and her family were in town for a long weekend. More on their visits later. Also, my college roommate came to visit for a few days. And in another week he will be meeting everyone on my side of the family!

No comments: