Thursday, September 29, 2016

2016 Walk for Life: Will you help?

It's that time again! I'm getting my team together for this year's Walk for Life. A fundraising event for Alpha Pregnancy Center - one of the few crisis pregnancy centers in San Francisco.


The event is on Saturday, October 22. I've signed up to lead a team and walk 2-3 miles delivering bags of gifts to a couple of families who have needed Alpha's services this year. The walk ends at a park where we celebrate together with food and games. It's one of the most rewarding fundraisers I've ever been a part of.

Would you please consider sponsoring me? I've set a goal of raising $500 (although I'd love to go above and beyond that). You can sponsor me a few different ways -- stuff cash in my hand, mail a check, or go online and give through my crowdrise site.

All the funds raised go directly to the the pregnancy center which allows them to serve their clients - women and families going through unexpected pregnancy. Did you know one of the major reasons given for not going through with an unplanned pregnancy is finances? Babies are expensive! But Alpha does everything they can to remove that burden. They provide free services as well as supplies like diapers, formula, clothing and baby gear.

Will you help these families thrive?

No comments: