Sunday, October 30, 2016

Grandparents in Town!

Chris's parents made a pitstop to see us on their way home from their vacation in Hawaii last weekend. People traveling from Australia, Alaska and Hawaii say they find stopping in California helpful in readjusting to the time change. Something to keep in mind if you travel! We'd love to see you!

We had two days to spend together and I think we did a good job of making the most of it. For starters, it was the first time Papa had met Stephen so he spent the first 30 minutes holding the baby while I tried to convince William not to be scared or shy of seeing his grandparents! He had been so excited to see them and then when I let them in he ran to his room crying. (I remember doing this when I was a kid too . . .) But soon enough, he let Nana play with him and then shortly after that he was happy to show Papa his toys too. And then he was up on his lap reading books!



We had dinner together on Friday night and on Saturday they joined me at the picnic after the Walk for Life. I had planned to go shopping with Sheryl after the walk, but I was pretty wiped out so I took a nap instead. Chris took his mom on a hike up Bernal Hill.


On Sunday we met at church and then Sheryl came home with me to help get the boys down for naps and Bob stayed behind with Chris who had to attend a congregational meeting. That afternoon we all went to the park to play (but really just so I could get some photos!).




I absolutely love that they come and visit us twice (at least!) a year! I love that we get to share meals together and have really great conversations. I love that they can see our boys grow (Stephen had more than doubled his weight since Sheryl last held him!) and speak into their lives. I appreciate their speaking into our lives as well. They have so much wisdom to share and I just eat it up! I was really encouraged by their visit.

No comments: