Friday, January 13, 2017

Big Changes in our House

Today was my last day as a Work-from-home-mom. Monday will be my first day as a full-time stay at home mom! For the past three years I have shuffled my kid(s) to the office twice a week to pick up work/drop work off and head back home to cram it all in during nap time (and my evenings, early mornings, and any time the boys were distracted for two minutes). Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful I had such a flexible company to work for and grateful for all it provided for my family. But I'm exhausted.

No, staying at home with my children won't really be any easier, but hopefully I'll have enough energy to give them what they need. And if I sneak a nap or a shower in during the day, I'll take it. I'm not trying to set my expectations of my "new life" too high just yet!

I hope to blog more about how we came to this decision and how we handle the transition later, but now, I'm going to bed with a burden lifted and peace that surpasses my understanding.


No comments: