Saturday, January 21, 2017

One Week In

I've been at home with my boys for one week. For the most part, it has been awesome! I haven't found my rhythm quite yet but I'm loving the flexibility and the focus to get stuff done. I've take photos of my baby, blogged about him, updated both baby books, cooked meals every night and even did the dishes most nights. I still have many things to cross off of my to-do list, but I'm not in a rush. (Can I say that again? I am not in a rush!)

On Thursday, my husband came home and said "Want to hear some news?" My stomach did a flip and I knew exactly what he was going to say. I had after all just quit my job. What else could he say but "we aren't getting paid tomorrow"? And that's what he said. The managers have said he will be paid, but the when is a little gray. I couldn't even be upset because I totally expected this. Worried, anxious -- for sure. But not surprised.

The other news that was revealed to us this week was that the housing loan we were hoping to get for a house is no longer available through the city. They don't have money available for the program this year. So, looking for an at-market-rate home and getting a down payment assistance loan will not be happening. This was a little more devastating because we had spent so much time searching for a new home in 2016 and thought we were getting closer to the end. But, because I am not working now, we might qualify for the below-market-rate loan program. So we are now looking into that. My hopes are high and I fear they will be dashed again. But I still like hoping.

That's all the news for this week! Hope to have more (better) things to share soon!

No comments: