Sunday, April 15, 2018

A Wrinkle In Time



Chris has told me before that he really liked reading A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle and he has even read the graphic novel to William already . . . like a year ago. I had over heard bits and pieces but never really followed it. But when one of the women in my bookclub mentioned it was her favorite book, I decided I should give it a read.

I just finished it this morning and I haven't really been able to process the deeper meaning behind the symbolism, but I did really like it. And it was a lot easier to get into than I had expected. I do hope to spend some time thinking it all through and perhaps I'll read it again.

I typically don't read things that might be categorized as Science Fiction or Fantasy, but I found the science-y bits didn't overwhelm me or distract me from the story. And as I try to describe to you the plot of the story and all it contains, I am at a loss for words. It is other-worldly, and a mystery to be solved, and allegorical of dark forces that need to be fought.

Have you read it? What did you think?

No comments: