Thursday, May 10, 2018

Whole 30: Day 12

Can I just say that I'm a little proud of myself for making it twelve days without all the things I love to eat? Cause I am. I didn't think I could really do this -- but I am doing it! I'm amazed that I could take control of this part of my life -- even for just 12 days, but hopefully for 30 and then forever afterwards.

I've had a few days of extreme fatigue but that is also paired with my cycle, so not sure how much of it to attribute to food. I've also had a few days of extreme hunger/anger (also known as "Hangry") but that was also my fault, I simply ran out of food to eat or didn't bring it with me when we went out. Lesson learned: always have something around that is safe to eat. Like almonds, sweet potatoes or apple slices with almond butter.

The day-by-day whole 30 book I have mentioned a feeling of wanting to "kill all the things" which did rear its ugly head a few times, but I was able to control the urge to a) cheat on the program and b) hurt anyone. Yeah me! (haha)

Some of the positive things I've experienced: better self esteem, I just feel better about myself when I feel better and know I'm doing good things for my body. I haven't stepped on the scale yet (because it's actually a rule of the program not to) but I can tell that my clothes fit better and I feel better in my own skin - not bloated and feeling fat. I feel good. Whether or not the numbers actually go down doesn't really matter.

I haven't been out to eat yet so I haven't had to battle the menu, but I have had two social nights with friends were we stayed clear from the alcohol and cheese and crackers. I also spent an evening camping and was able to bring completely compliant foods, precooked and ready to eat (thanks Kate!) and I passed up the roasted marshmallows and s'mores with semi-ease. I knew that sugar rush would be too much. Those events were a little tricky, but afterwards I just felt so good about my choices and willpower.

I've found some really great recipes online. Nothing has been "boring" as I had first feared. I do end up cooking more since Chris and I need completely different lunches than we did before. No more sandwiches for us. I've also been making homemade dressings which are delicious.

I have confidence that I can finish out the month and I'm excited to see what other things improve for my body/skin/self-confidence in the next two weeks.

No comments: