Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Super Birthday Boy



We had William's 5th birthday party last weekend -- it was super hero themed for a couple reasons. 1) my kids are constantly playing super hero vs. bad guy or good guy vs. bad guy and 2) I had a lot of t-shirts that could be recycled into super hero capes for zero dollars!


William was so excited to have a superhero themed party and couldn't wait for his friends to join him. While we were setting up in the park, he kept asking, "How much longer until my friends come?" Too cute. Patience little one.


William requested a vanilla cake with chocolate frosting. Easy right? Well, not if you're trying to make a "healthy cake!" For some reason I thought I needed to save all the little guests (all younger than William) from the sugar high! The cake I went with was an almond flour cake which was gluten free and dairy free if you didn't eat the frosting. The chocolate frosting was low-sugar. But then I had to go and add the icing decoration (get it, it's like the Superman emblem?) which was neither low in sugar or healthy... sorry friends.



We had just a few other munch-able snacks which everyone seemed to enjoy. For the first time ever I didn't end up which a bunch of leftovers after the party!

The kids had a great time running around in the masks and capes. And Stephen ran around so much I barely even saw him! And then there was this (below) . . . thankfully Chris was standing watch and caught him!


William Bradley, we love you so much. Sometimes I look at your face and feel overwhelmed by how much you've grown, how much you've learned in the last year, how much I love you. When you laugh and your dimples really show I just can't look away. You are so beautiful (I mean handsome!).  You make me laugh with your playfulness and I'm thankful for the fun you bring to our family. 

We love you SuperBoy.









No comments: