Thursday, November 1, 2018

Fall Festivities: October Review


October has flown by and before I forget what actually happened, I'm going to write it down! This month felt like a whirl wind. We had some big events like William's Birthday and the Walk for Life, but the rest of the month was busy with day-to-day stuff like school, library runs, classmate birthday parties, and potty training. 

And then there was the Harvest Festival at our church which was a huge success and super fun. I worked a few games for a few hours and then had to leave for a marriage class Chris and I are attending. The boys got to participate briefly thanks to our friend who volunteered to babysit and I'm glad they did. It ended up being one of the only fall events they attended this month. (William did have a school field trip to the pumpkin patch earlier this month, too.)

And then last night of course was Halloween. William had chosen to be Raphael, TMNT after receiving the sais for his birthday. He was super excited about wearing a mask this year too. 



We attended the parade after school and then headed home for a little rest before hitting the streets of Bernal Heights for candy.


Stephen wore the panda costume that William wore two years ago. Stephen must have a smaller head because it fit so much better! He was so excited to wear it and didn't complain one bit (even when it felt like 80 degrees in the sun). He loved petting his belly and saying "so soft." And he was! It is the perfect cuddly costume.


The businesses in the neighborhood pass out candy which makes it fairly easy to load up. Although it does get quite crowded. There are also about a dozen or so houses we stopped at on the way home. There are quite a few that go all out for this holiday. Our boys were super excited about the candy in their bags and handled the restrictions quite well. 

Chris came home early so he could attend the trick-or-treating with us and I have to say that was a highlight for me. It seems like we rarely get to do anything as a family -- especially during the week--so having him with us was really fun and made it that much easier on me. 


I like doing things in our neighborhood and being a part of the festivities. I even ran into a friend of mine randomly on our walk! It took me a moment to recognize her in costume but I was so glad she got my attention! Running into people I know always makes my day. 

October was a great month and I have much to be thankful for. My family of boys are of course at the top of the list.

No comments: