Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Getting Back on Track-- A Walking Update

I'm sorry to have to admit that I fell off the map with walking during March.  It's not that I forgot about it, or ignored it, or just refused to do it. My feet just couldn't do it anymore. And the weather didn't help. I heard somewhere that it rained for 20+ days in a row in San Francisco during March.  Ugh. I seriously should have purchased those rain boots back in December.

I have been seeing numerous doctors, physical therapists and retail-shoe-store owners trying to figure out what is going on with my feet (tingling, numbness, general discomfort). We still don't have any answers, but I do have some relief! I did end up buying new shoes and new insoles (not the custom-made ones I mentioned last month). And let me tell you, I was practically pain free since then!

I've gotten to take my normal walking-route home three times since I bought the new shoes and overall, I'm feeling much better. I still think there are a few issue that need to be worked out with my doctors so hopefully we can put an end to this problem once and for all very soon.

The weather has also greatly improved (in my opinion) this past week.  The sun can be a great motivator to get outdoors and exercise I little.

So, it looks like I may be able to get back on track with my walking goal! I was really excited to see that I walked 200 miles by the end of the day on April 1st.

215.4 miles completed in three months! That's half way to Disneyland form here!
Only 484.6 left to go

No comments: