Wednesday, August 29, 2012

2012 Walk for Life


The 2012 Walk for Life is coming up! On October 20, I along with (hopefully many) other participants, will gather in the front of Alpha Pregnancy Center, split up into teams, and load our arms up with gifts and packages. We will cover miles on foot as we deliver these gifts to families who used the services offered by Alpha this year. We will bless those who have overcome obstacles, those that have done a very difficult thing, those who have struggled in choosing life. And we will thank them! (and praise God for them!)

This will be my second year participating in the Walk for Life. Last year, I had a great experience and felt like I got to know the center better and the people they serve. It was great to wander the halls and think of all the conversations that have happened there, all the lives that have been saved there. On the walk, I met a family who had been given hope and encouragement by Alpha so many times. I saw how her kid's eyes and mouths opened wide as they opened their presents. I saw joy overflowing in her family.

With your help, I raised over $400 for the walk (well over my original goal of $250).  And I hope we can do that again! I'm hoping I can persuade a few local friends to join me to make up a team and I'd like to set my goal a little higher this year and raise $500.

Would you consider giving toward this cause? You can give online by going here or send a check in the mail made payable to Alpha Pregnancy Center (contact me for my mailing address).

Below are a a few links about Alpha and what they do.

No comments: