Thursday, March 14, 2013

Another Family Weekend

We have been blessed with all the time we've gotten to spend with different family members this winter. Last weekend was yet another opportunity! My husband's mother and grandmother drove up from Texas for a week; we met them in Monterey for the weekend. Grandma's cousin has a beach house in Monterey, which makes for a great meeting place -- and a nice little getaway.

We didn't do much, which is exactly what I needed. The previous week had been so busy that a relaxing weekend with nothing to do was just perfect! We did play a game of Mexican Train, attempted a puzzle and went for a beautiful hike in Point Lobos.


I could have watched the waves crashing into the rocks all day.


Just look at the color of that water - Gorgeous! 


A little bit of rock "climbing" for the adventurous.

It was a little on the chilly side but the sky was clear and the sun was warm. We had a great time visiting, resting, reading, and relaxing.

On the way home we stopped at a pizza place advertising gluten-free pizza crust. As soon as we saw it, I knew I couldn't go home without it. It turned out to be pretty expensive, but I enjoyed that pizza for days!

*Of course I failed to take any photos of the people we spent the weekend with...

No comments: