Saturday, March 23, 2013

Baby Gift: Tag Blanket

When my good friend told me she was expecting a baby girl, I couldn't stop thinking of what I wanted to make for her and her new little one. I didn't quite have the capacity to make a baby quilt and I wanted to try something a little different. There were so many ideas I had, but I finally landed on a tag-blanket.

The toughest part was picking out the different textures and colors of ribbon, but I think it worked. I used flannel fabric for the green square on the front and the floral fabric on the back to add yet another opportunity to feel something different. The final size is 12 x 12.




But that couldn't be all! I also put together a few burp cloths (I've heard you can never have enough of these things). Hopefully the new mommy will enjoy using something pretty and girly for those not so pretty moments!


No comments: