Monday, January 4, 2016

Should I set Goals?

It's a new year, time for a fresh start right? I went over the goals I told you about for 2015 and I had to laugh. The fitness goal I had set, didn't stick more than 15 days I swear. Now I feel really silly that I even admitted I had a fitness goal to begin with!

My Bible reading goal went really well until summer hit and we traveled and then had visitors. I found myself a few days behind, then a few weeks and all of a sudden the plan was books ahead of me! I was almost caught up when I returned from Australia, but life got busy and well, I stopped completely. I made it through the New Testament completely and I'd say half way through the Old Testament before I gave up. I was really glad I stuck with it as long as I did. It was a great discipline to get into, I just couldn't keep it up.

This year, I wanted to set goals, but I don't want to set myself to fail either. It will be another busy year for sure. When I reflected on the past year and my hopes for this year, I found myself setting goals for my attitude, not necessarily my actions.

I want to be more grateful and thankful for everything. I don't want to complain. I can look ahead and see the challenges this year will hold and I know I will be ever so tired and I just want to be content and live in the moment. I did one of those Facebook apps where it gives you a word for the year. My word was TRUTH. I have no idea how they come up with this word or what personal stuff they know about you to obtain the word, but it hit home. I want my year to be based on truth, genuine, honest truth. I want to know truth, but I also want to be true to myself and others.


So, there you go. My hopes for 2016 are to be genuinely thankful for everything and everyone in my life and to be filled with and share Truth. 

What are your hopes for this year? Are you setting new goals? Rekindling old ones? 

No comments: