Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Baby B2: 27 Weeks


How far along: 27 weeks. Already at the end of the second trimester. This baby's life is already going too fast. I can't keep up!

How big is the baby: about 2 pound and 14.5 inches (from head to toe). The midwife said I'm measuring exactly as I should be!

Sleep: It's a constant struggle to be comfortable and keep my thoughts at bay. My mind has been going crazy lately with all the things I'd like to figure out before this child is born.

Best moment of the week: We had two mom and toddler play dates this week! Hanging out with friends (prego or not) has become an essential part of keeping me sane and happy. And William trying to talk to the baby through my belly-button. "Baby, come out!" he said.

Worst thing: low back pain-- it's getting worse. I've found myself on the floor and unable to get up a few times this month. I have appointments to start PT again next week.

Symptoms: Growing belly! Still get the occasional acid reflux but not nearly as often. Hungry all of the time and tired.

Movement: All of the time. And so much at night. Its a fun reminder in the midst of my day that life is happening inside me, but at night, I do wish baby would calm down so I could sleep.

What I miss: Being flexible. I'm a stiff mess these days.

Food Cravings: Cereal . . . multiple bowls a day. Raisin Bran and Frosted Mini Wheats lately.

Food Aversions: Healthy food

Maternity Clothes: A friend lent me some clothes and I got a big package from my sisters with their maternity clothes so I stopped fighting it and just started wearing them all! Why not! 

Things People Say: Its mostly about William being a big brother, although I did have one friend attempt to make a joke about me looking pregnant which i didn't catch, she apologized for the awkwardness, but I honestly wasn't even aware of it. I actually said "Thanks!"  I'm waiting for the men at church (who have been telling me it's time to have another child) to notice!

Exercise: Still not much and it's been raining more this week. I would like to be more disciplined about stretching or yoga.
  
Last Appointment: Today, March 9th. Everything was looking good! I saw a different midwife today, who took time to go over some things no one else had (blood test results, etc). She was older, sweet, and very encouraging. I'll be seeing her next month as well. I've appreciated hearing from multiple midwives/doctors there take on my previous birth experience and how that will affect my second. 

Next Appointment: April 6



I didn't plan on taking a photo with William this week, but he insisted. It was actually more challenging to take a photo without him! I'll tell you more about his growth and personality next month when I write his 30 month update . . . yes, he's nearly 2 1/2 years old!

No comments: