Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Baby B2: Week 38

How far along: 38 weeks/4 days old (he was born at 37 weeks and 4 days gestation)

How big is the baby: Weighs 5 pounds; 20 inches long

Sleep: Baby B2 (Stephen) is a sleeper but I've been ordered to wake him every two hours to feed day and night. He needs to grow!! He loves sleeping as soon as I try to feed him, which makes my job a lot more difficult.

Best moment of the week: I love watching him open his eyes and look around. Its a rare thing because he sleeps through just about everything. Also, not having to stay in the hospital more than two days! I was very ready to go home.

Worst thing: The fatigue. Waking up every two hours to feed him. So very tired.

Symptoms: Symptoms of pregnancy are gone, with the exception of the postpartum stuff (you know what I mean). Symptoms of motherhood: fatigue, constantly thinking of everything that needs to happen when I'm not nursing, and not getting anything done but nursing.

Movement: Baby B2 is not as squirmy as B1 was, but we still have mega face-scratching and kicking during diaper changes

What I miss: Sleeping. 

Food Cravings: I don't really have cravings, but chocolate and ice cream always cheer me up. I am hungry all of the time.

Food Aversions: none

Maternity Clothes: Basically just for comforts sake. I can't quite fit into my normal jeans yet, but I can wear my normal shirts again. Now I need to find some nursing tops!

Things People Say: William says "He's so cute!" and loves to give him hugs. He hasn't met too many people yet, most comments refer to his size (he is very small).

Exercise: Non-existant. I haven't left the house except to go to the pediatrician, I've thought about it a lot, but then remember I'm suppose to rest.

Last Appointment: May 17. I had a check up the day before Baby B2 was born. All looked well, they didn't check to see if I was dilating or anything, they said it was too early. I had thought I may have felt a contraction or two the night before but wasn't certain. The nurse told me to make sure to call if they became more regular. . .which I did within 36 hours.

No comments: