Monday, June 20, 2016

Baby B2: One Month Old

Stephen turned one month old on Saturday. How did four weeks pass by already? It really doesn't seem possible.


There were a few scares in the past month; all turned out to be nothing, just proof this mom is a worrier. Stephen had dropped quite a bit of weight after his birth so we've been supplementing with some formula, but my supply is better than it was with William (Chris is sure to remind me of this as I often forget). Feeding has been a little challenging as he likes to sleep as soon as you hold him. He does well with bottles for the most part. He has started to gain weight now and no longer fits in his premie clothes! He is 7 pounds and 2.5 ounces and 20.75" long.


When he is awake, he looks super alert. Chris describes it has being "surprised" -- very wide eyed. He wakes up three to four times a night which is really hard for me to get used to again. He is also a very noisy sleeper; he grunts, cries, and coos all while sleeping soundly. So, even if he sleeps for a two-hour stretch, this mama does not! I'm constantly checking on him.

He isn't a fan of my baby carrier yet, I keep trying it in hopes that he will finally accept it as a mode of transportation. It would sure help me get things done/play with William! He has sat contently in his baby swing a handful of times; I'm hoping this also improves soon.


William is in love with his brother. He hugs him and wants to hold him often; but he also notices how my hands aren't free to do a lot of things anymore. He is usually fairly patient with me, but now asks "Can you do that in my room?" (instead of in the rocking chair).

I've taken Stephen and William to a park by myself once and to the story time at the library once. I hope to get outside more often soon, but it is a challenge for sure. When Nana was here, we all went to the zoo together. And this week our whole family made it to church! I would love to get into a routine again.

We are adjusting to being a family of four quite well and are madly in love with our newest addition.

(if you are curious what William looked like at this stage -- check it out here!)


No comments: