Saturday, March 18, 2017

Baby B2: Ten Months Old


Ten months down and only two more to go until we get to party! I can't believe my little guy is ten months old already. He is measuring 28.5 inches tall and weighs 17 pounds 14 ounces. It seems like yesterday he was five months old--not nursing, not sleeping and crying all the time. And now?


He's moving all the time. Seriously, after a week spent in Las Vegas with a few older cousins he came home cruising like no body's business. And he loves reaching for things above his head. Drawers and cupboards are to be opened and contents studied. We look around and wonder how things got so un-baby proofed in the last three years! He is seriously into everything.

He makes a lot of happy sounds these days. Sometimes he tries to tell us stories or sing along with our songs and he loves giggling. He is very ticklish!


About a month ago we started sleep training at night. I'll write more on that later since it is it's own process, but I will tell you that for the most part, it has been successful. Prior to our Vegas trip, he was sleeping through the night without a feed for about a week. During our trip however, we ended up giving him a bottle between 2 and 4 a.m. and now back at home we're re-training to get him back to waking up between 5:30-6 without a feed. Just like his brother, he is an early riser.


(Bha. Look at that face!)

 He loves to eat. I feel like if I offered food all day long he would eat it. He loves feeding himself finger foods: baked, diced sweet potatoes, potatoes, carrots, green beans, bananas, avocado and baby friendly pancakes. We continue with some purees too and try to offer what we are eating if we can. I'm a bit nervous to offer dairy yet. I've been told he is old enough to give it another try, but I'm hesitant. I just hate the pain he goes through when it doesn't agree with him.


He has six teeth now. I can't tell if there is another one coming in or not. The drool would indicate it's on the way!

I've stopped giving him breastmilk. My supply has always been too low, but it got to the point where what I pumped just didn't add up to enough to warrant the time spent pumping. Every mom needs to make that decision on her own. For me, it was getting less than 5 ounces a day. He drinks 5 ounces per feeding of formula and it was taking me 3+ sessions to pump that much. That was one bottle a day and then it decreased even more. And I just had to stop. I didn't reach my goal of nursing
him for a year, but we had a rough road and I'm glad I could do what I did for as long as I did.

I've really enjoyed this little guy these last few months. He seems to be a very curious and friendly boy and from what I can tell will be full of adventures in the future.

No comments: