Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Some Days

Yesterday was one of those days. So crazy you have to write it down so you remember the chaos you survived.

It was 4:30 when I received a text that Chris was coming home (early, which made my day!) and I wanted to get the house picked up and dinner started. Stephen had been occupying himself with his favorite baby farm animal book and William was in the bathroom. I picked up some dirty clothes and made my way to the bathroom just in time to hear William squeal/cry "Mommy! I tipped the potty over! Ah!"

I opened the door to find him sprawled on the floor with his training potty emptied of it's contents and my rug soaking wet and covered in . . . well, poop. Yuck. The screams had attracted Stephen's attention so he happily crawled right into the chaos and I quickly scooped him up and put him in another room. Then proceeded to clean up William and the rest of the mess. By far one of the biggest to date.

I had to do the laundry right then and there. I couldn't have the rug just laying around, even if I did try to wash it in the sink. So, I put the boys in the bedroom and hauled the load downstairs to the laundry area. From there, I could hear that William had come out of the apartment and was calling for me. This scared me because Stephen is crawling and could follow him--down the stairs. So, I ran back up and told him to close the door, I'd be back in two minutes.

Well, he didn't listen and came out again. So I finished up as fast as I could and ran back upstairs to hear him crying. He had torn a page in his pop-up Train book. He was devastated. I said I would try to fix it. As I said this, I looked up and saw Stephen putting something in his mouth. Ah! He found the Light-Bright I had left on the floor earlier. I dug six pieces out of his mouth and cleaned up the other 30 he had spilled on the floor, praying he hadn't actually swallowed any.

Okay, kids are safe. Now, I can start dinner. And then Stephen got stuck underneath the chair William was standing on and I just had to call it a day. It was only 5 o'clock.

No comments: