Monday, December 21, 2020

A Quilt for my Niece

My sister Molly had her fourth child in mid November. Which means I got to make another quilt this winter. I had so much fun making the one last December for my nephew I decided to use the same pattern and make a similar one for sweet Johanna Monet. 

With all the Covid-19 restrictions, I'd only been to the craft store once this year. So it felt a little surreal and somewhat indulgent to walk into Jo-Ann Fabrics right before the holidays. And yes, I used the opportunity to stock up on a few holiday projects as well. But this is about the quilt!

I had originally intended to go with a red color scheme, but couldn't find exactly what I envisioned. Then my eyes landed on this floral/butterfly blue fabric and I fell in love with it. It took some hunting for coordinating fabrics and patterns but I did it! So, here it is:






I couldn't find anything orange that I loved at the store, but I knew I had two orange fabrics from previous projects. This orange square with the circles is from a quilt made over seven years ago. Glad I had a stash -- and even more glad to get to use it!

With our slower than normal life style these days, this quilt came together very quickly. It still took me several days, but with Chris's help with the boys, it wasn't hard to find the time. I really enjoyed making this one and am very pleased with how it turned out. Hopefully Johanna will have it for years to come!

No comments: