Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Molly's Vegas Wedding

My sister got married in Las Vegas last Saturday. The sky was clear and the sun was out, but there was definitely a chill to the wind. The sun hit her back as she walked down the aisle and her cathedral-length veil danced in the wind as my father gave her away. She was beautiful. She is always beautiful.


My other sister and I stood by her side along with four of her other close friends. Eighty guests sat on the white chairs witnessing the union--they missed the glances the bride and groom were giving each other throughout the ceremony. Quick little winks, smirks of love, and grins filled with joy and anticipation.




After the vows were exchanged and kisses given, the party continued in the reception hall. It was decorated beautifully with chair covers and sashes, white linen and candle lit lanterns. Dinner was very tasty and the cake was scrumptous. The dance was a blast.

All of my dad's siblings were there which made it a lot of fun-I rarely get to see my aunts and uncles from his side. I even got to dance with my Uncle Mike! A few relatives from my mom's side made it too! The reception and dance quickly became a family reunion for me. I loved catching up with them all.


The evening moved quickly and soon the bride and groom were leaving. They ran through the bubbles and into their get-a-way car and sped off into the night.

My sister is married. She's a wife now. I have a new brother-in-law. My family is changing.


No comments: