Saturday, January 21, 2012

New Cookbook in the House

My brother gave me a new cookbook for Christmas. It's called "The SparkPeople Cookbook: Love your food, loose the weight " Sparkpeople is a weight loss/change your life by being healthy website that I've been a part of for over a year. It's a great site and I would recommend it to anybody looking for motivation to be healthier this year. (www.sparkpeople.com)

Last week was the first chance I had to use the cookbook. I was so excited--the cookbook is beautiful with full-page photos and it's layed out really well. The first recipe I tried was coconut shrimp. I have never ever made shrimp before, but was on sale and I had recently seen a demo on how to de-vein and clean them so I thought it was worth a try. And they were delicious! (And de-veining shrimp isn't so bad.)

Last night I made the spinach-stuffed chicken breast with cheese sauce. It was actually pretty easy if you're patient and it was so good! I will definitely be making that again (let me know when you want to come over!).



I really enjoy cooking and I try to make good tasting health food. Sometimes it's just good, and sometimes it's just healthy but from what see in this cookbook, it'll be both! This stuffed chicken was!

No comments: