Saturday, October 13, 2012

Full shopping basket at Walgreens

It feels like it's been a while since I've shopped at Walgreens; it's been a while since I've done any couponing really. After our vacation I took an afternoon and cleaned up my coupon binder and got rid of almost half of the coupons because they had expired. Now it's clean, organized, up to date and ready to use!

Walgreens came out with a new reward program called Balance; it's a point system where you earn points for purchasing specific items each week ranging from 500 to 5,000. Once you've earned 5,000 points you can redeem them for $5 off your purchase. So far, I'm not really a fan, but I am expecting it to take time for me to get used to.

Anyway, back to my shopping trip to Walgreens.
All of the things I purchased today I did so because they were on sale, I didn't need any of the items right now. I will use all of them (trust me)!

Here's what my purchase looked like:

Kleenex Tissue: Regular price is $1.59 each, on sale for $4/4 and 500 Balance points. Paid: $4 for four boxes

Tic Tac (1 oz box): Regular price is $1.59; I had a store coupon listing the price as $.99 plus a manufacture coupon for $.50 off when I buy two. Paid $1.48 for two.

Schick Quatro razors (4 pack): Regular price is $10.99; they were on a buy one get one half off sale and I had a coupon for buy one get one FREE (max discount $10.50). Paid $6.00 for 8 razors.

Werther's Original carmels: Regular price is $2.29 but they were on sale for 2/$3 and I had a $1 off coupon when I bought two. Paid: $2 for two bags.

Total: $10.86 (including tax) and I earned 500 points (or $.50) toward a future order.
My receipt says I saved 21.08 by using coupons and shopping for sale items! I saved 69% on my purchase today!



No comments: