Friday, October 12, 2012

One Week to Go!

We have one week to go until the 2012 Alpha Pregnancy Center Walk for Life event. I am so close to my goal of raising $500 for the center. Just $100 left to go! Thanks to everyone who has already given and been praying for this year's fundraiser.

This year, I volunteered to be a team leader, meaning I would try to recruit people to walk with me. So far, I have 6 people (and maybe a dog) walking with me! I'm really excited for the walk this year and just hoping and praying it all makes a difference to the families who need Alpha's services.

If you are interested in giving, here's an idea of how Alpha would use your gift:
  • $5- Purchases one package of diapers given to a client
  • $25 - Covers the cost of a pregnancy test and a session of pregnancy options counseling
  • $75- Pays for one person to complete our Post Abortion Recovery Group (or another one of our 8 classes)
  • $175 -- Allows one client to come on a monthly basis for a year to receive supplies and follow up care
  • $500 -- Provides one year of in depth case management for a family; making sure they have housing, health care, employment, and child care
  • $1200-- Saves an unborn child.  
     
Please pray for the walk: for the participants, the families visited, and the funds raised. This city needs this ministry and they need God's blessing and our help.

(if you are interested in giving, you can do so online here

No comments: