Sunday, May 26, 2013

Baby B: 21 Weeks

How far along: 21 weeks

How big is the baby: about 11 ounces and 7 inches long (according to those lovely Internet statistics)

Sleep: After adding a few more pillows, I'm sleeping a little better than I had been. I'm still trying to figure out if a maternity pillow is really necessary . . .

Best moment of the week:
Going to our ultrasound appointment and getting see Baby! So glad Chris was able to come too.

Worst thing: my nose has started bleeding quite regularly... not sure if that's really pregnancy related though.

Symptoms: Feeling more normal these days, or maybe I'm just getting used to everything. Very little nausea, some fatigue and a growing belly.

Movement: I feel the baby move several times a day now and there is no mistaking it! Feels like butterflies and sometimes like someone's trying to tickle me.

What I miss: Staying in bed all night long (not needing bathroom breaks)

Food Cravings: Chocolate milk

Food Aversions: not much at the moment!

Maternity Clothes: I've had to use the hair-elastic trick to expand the size of my jeans. The button just doesn't quite fit in the whole anymore. Also, I wore leggings for the first time last week which was pretty comfortable and may I add quite fashionable (at least I thought so).

Things People Say: I hear people make comments almost daily about how I've just started to "pop out" and show more. More people reach for the belly now and ask if I'm feeling okay. An older man from our church said "Getting bigger, that's good!" this morning...

Exercise: Riding a stationary bike three times a week and walking a mile or two every day, cut back on my core exercises as they cause some tension in my gut. Really want to get back to yoga and pilates again. Stairs and hills wind me.
 
Last Appointment: 20 week ultrasound on May 23 -- I think everything is okay although the baby was very shy and made it hard for the technician to see what needed to be seen. No pretty profile photo for me as his/her hand was covering most of the face and was facing the wrong direction.

Next Appointment: check-up with midwife on May 30

No comments: