Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Let the cookies do the talking

When I found out that we were expecting, I wanted to find creative ways to tell people. We ended up telling everyone in different ways. I think the way I told my co-workers was the most creative by far.




I purchased the cookie cutters in the shape of a onesie and a baby carriage from Amazon, made sugar cookies and then decorated them with blue and pink frosting. Most of them made it to work without too much damage.

I've never been very patient with frosting but I decided I wanted to give it my best shot, and take up the whole night if I had to. And it actually wasn't that bad. I watched a video online which helped calm my nerves, and other than my frosting getting a little too thin (I think it was too warm) at the end, it went very well. I have to say they turned out better than I could have hoped.

My co-workers loved them! And I didn't even have to voice my announcement, they could guess just by looking at the cookies! And they were thrilled.

No comments: