Sunday, January 19, 2014

Slow-Cooker Recipes

Since my maternity leave is over, and no one is signing up to bring me meals anymore, I've been working hard to keep my freezer stocked with frozen vegetables and slow-cooker meals. Things that could be put together quickly and without much thought so I don't have to stress about dinner if I didn't have time to plan ahead or make it to the grocery store.

Last summer, I made five slow-cooker meals for my sister that could be prepared and frozen ahead of time so that she could easily make a real meal for herself and husband after the new baby arrived. I've been making those same meals for myself this month and thought it's about time I actually share the recipes with you (now that I've tasted and approved them!).

Here's the one I just made tonight, which was so easy, I made two bags:

Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry
 - One bag of frozen stir fry vegetables
 - One can of pineapple drained
 - Half of a bottle of sweet and sour sauce
 - Two chicken breasts

Add everything to a freezer bag (label it of course!). Freeze it. 
Thaw it out the night before you want to cook it. 
Throw the contents in a slow-cooker and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours. 
Serve with rice.

The rest of the recipes can be found here.

*I also noticed that my original post to Pinterest about those meals is my most popular post - being "pinned" 52 times! I'm telling you, slow cooker meals are the way to go!

No comments: