Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Baby Corner

We finally "decorated" the baby corner!


A few weeks before William was born, I stumbled across this dresser at a garage sale. It was one of those drive-by sightings where you have to actually back the car up and take a closer look. The owner was asking $40 but it was the end of the day and we offered $20 and he took it. It needed a little tlc on the bottom drawer, which my husband gladly took care of.  I had hoped it would work as a changing table too, but alas, it was too tall.

The two pieces of boy-art that say "bulldozer" and "dumptruck" were gifts from my sister -- who also found them at a garage sale when she thought she was having a boy. Sorry Miss Charlotte, they are William's now!! And the "W.B." was my own desire to do something crafty during my maternity leave, which didn't actually get done until last week.

And all the teddy bears -- my oh, my, the teddy bears this boy has! I can't wait until he decides to start toting them around!

The bookshelf to the right is his little book/toy shelf. Chris found that the weekend after William was born for $15 at a thrift shop. It was the perfect size. I had actually been scouring craiglist for weeks looking for this exact thing.

So, it isn't much of a nursery, but for now, William has his own little space in our little apartment we call home.

No comments: