Thursday, January 29, 2015

Couponing: Head & Shoulders

The last time I purchased Head & Shoulders Shampoo (for Hubby) was in April 2012. It took a while for him to get through those three bottles, but it was worth stocking up for the price I paid!

The other day, I noticed that he was on his last bottle and they just happened to be on sale this week, and I had a fairly high-valued coupon. I figured it was time to stock up again,

Here's what my transaction looked like:
 -  Two Head & Shoulders Shampoo on sale: 2/$10 (regular price: $6.99 each)
    - Used $3 off 2 coupon
 -  Four Blue Diamond Almonds, 6 oz containers on sale: Buy 1 Get 1 Free ($4.99 each)
    - Used $1 off 2 coupon
    - Used $1.50 off 2 coupon
Total paid: $15.36 including tax 
Regular purchase price could have been: $34

Some of you may think it's silly to blog about these little trips, but it helps me keep track of how much I spend on things like shampoo and I can use it as a gauge for what a good deal is/how much I should pay and how long the products last.

Now, if I would shopped on Amazon.com it would have been even cheaper . . . but I forgot to compare prices before I went shopping.

No comments: