Monday, July 4, 2011

One Summer Day

Weather in San Francisco is a funny thing. One day it is cold and raining, the next is as close to a midwest summer day as you can get while living on the coast (aka: beautiful), and then the next is foggy and cold again. It's really hard to believe it's July. It's really hard to believe it's summertime! I have to remind myself while I'm putting on my turtleneck sweater that my "summer" will come later (late-August to early October).

But this weekend, Chris and I journeyed south for the day. We drove to Carmel (by the sea) and had a wonderful day sitting on the beach, soaking up the warmth of the sun and the sand. We enjoyed a picnic lunch and did a little window shopping in the way-to-expensive-for-this-girl-shops.










I cannot tell you how refreshed my soul feels after spending the day on the beach! Seriously (deep, relaxing sigh here). Getting away for a day does amazing things to clear your mind and help you relax. I think know I have a tendency to get overly-stressed-out during my week. I don't know why. I don't really have anything to be concerned about except catching my bus, getting to my appointments, doing my job well and cooking dinner. But to be honest, these little things that happen in my day all add up and cause a little (sometimes a lot) of anxiety in me. So, for me to get away and breathe, is beyond wonderful!

I hope you enjoyed your 4th of July weekend!

Walked 339.8 miles

1 comment:

Lauren said...

How fun!! I need to check Carmel out!