Friday, July 22, 2011

The Wedding Weekend

This last weekend my youngest sister got married! Her day was perfect. I wouldn't have changed a thing . . . except maybe putting air conditioning in the reception hall! It was hot!

The week was busy with preparations for the big day and every one was pretty good at helping out. Even my other sister's fiance and brother's girlfriend, who I had just met this week, helped out a ton! I don' t think anyone went to bed before 1 a.m. even once!

Chris and the guys were tasked with yard work and decorating the reception hall. They did all the hard physical labor and the girls followed behind with the more delicate details. I'd say we did pretty good.



I was one of my sister's bridesmaids and had taken it upon myself to plan her bachelorette party. We played corny games, had too many desserts, and probably too many drinks. It was a blast (I think the bride even had fun!)



Chris and I were also the reception photographers! I jumped at the chance because, well, I love photography and want more experience. But since I was in the wedding, Chris ended up doing most of the work. I may be a little biased but I think he did an incredible job . . . take a peak!







But  couldn't let my sister have all the photographer's attention . . .



There is so much more I could say about the trip home . . . my family, the intense humidity, and the awesome dance party.  I'll have to share that another time.

I can't believe my baby sister is a married woman! May she and her husband have a blessed and happy marriage!

1 comment:

Sharon M said...

Glad you had a great time with the fam in MN. Now pack up that swimsuit and head on over to HI for some fun in the sun! Hope you and Chris have a blast.