Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Sewing

I've been hesitant to share my sewing projects with you because most of them are gifts, and I don't want to spoil any surprises. But I also am just so pleased with the progress I've been making that I just have to tell you!

I've been working on a set of doll clothes for my neice (who I assume doesn't read my blog) for a while now. It was meant to be her Christmas gift but I didn't get to it in time. I actually cut out the material and that's as far as I got. (I know, I'm a great aunt . . . don't worry, she got something for Christmas) So, after the holidays I was determined that I would finish it.

Doll clothes tend to take me a while, most of it is taken up by reading the instructions and since I don't consider myself an advanced seamstress, directions are sometimes hard to understand. But this little top went much quicker than the jumper I had made last fall.



My hope is that this little top will match the jumper my neice got for her birthday; next up, little trousers. Then she'll be able to mix and match! Let's just hope she still plays with dolls by the time I finish!



1 comment:

Sharon M said...

Ooh, that's SO cute! She'll love it, I promise. And Samantha's showing a proclivity for dolls (she walks around with them saying, "baby! BABY!!!"), so they will be used for years to come :-)