Thursday, June 7, 2012

CVS: Oral Hygiene and free makeup

I found a few good deals at CVS this week and with the Extra Care Bucks I got back my purchase was almost free!



Crest Pro-Health mouth wash: On sale for $5.99 with $5 Reward back;
      used $.25 off manufacturer's coupon
Oral-B toothbrush: On sale for $2.77 with $2 Reward back; 
      used a $.25 manufacturer's coupon and $1 store coupon
Colgate toothpaste: One sale for 2.74 with $1 Reward back
Cover Girl mascara (2): On sale, buy one get one 1/2 off regular price $8.49;
      used buy one get one free manufacturer's coupon, $1 off coupon and $4 store coupon
My out of pocket price without sales tax: $9.48 (with sales tax $11.11)
Received $8 in Extra Care Bucks to use on my next purchase

The mascara purchase kind of bewildered me, but I had to try it. I had seen people commenting on thekrazycouponlady.com site that it worked. Here's what happened: The store promotion took off $4.26  from one mascara, then I used the "buy one get one free" coupon which took off the maximum amount of the coupon from the full priced mascara ($7.50). Then the $1 coupon was applied to the half off mascara. And finally, the $4 coupon was good for any cosmetic purchase over $12 (before coupons) which meant I actually paid only $.23 for them both (before tax)! Whew.

Getting those kind of results kind of freaks me out  . . .  


No comments: